Latest Flickr Photos

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mommy made sweater (finished!)

Finished sweater!

I finally finished Fay's sweater this week. I had to buy and sew on the buttons. I had a lot of fun picking out the buttons. There were so many to choose from and I had no idea what I wanted until I saw the perfect buttons! I just love them, I think they give the sweater a necessary whimsy -- perfect for a little girl.

buttons close up


All in all, the sweater took a lot longer than I'd anticipated. I think I've been working on it for 4 to 6 weeks. The fact that it was done in pieces added a lot of time. Now I know why some patterns shout "Knit in ONE-PIECE". Not only does it take time to construct a sweater done in multiple pieces, but I think it allows more time for procrastination. You are constantly putting it down once you complete a sleeve, a back piece....etc. But, I don't think this sweater could be done exactly as it is in one piece, so the design called for it. Its a bit big, so Fay will definitely not be wearing it until the fall. (Unless I get really antsy and roll up the sleeves...maybe she could wear it as a dress ;)

No comments: