Latest Flickr Photos

www.flickr.com

Friday, October 5, 2007

1 1/2 and 0 !!

Ryan and I went to a doctor appointment today. They surprised us and switched in the alternative Dr. for our regular Dr. I've seen her 3x now. And while I think she is perfectly competent, I don't think her bedside manner is quite as nice as our regular Dr. So I do hope he is around and available on the delivery day.

The FUN news is that Fay is getting ready to come out! The doctor started by saying "whoa, the baby is really low". So I asked her what station the baby is at and she said 0 station, but that to be conservative she is going to write down -1, so we have something to progress towards. And I am already 1 1/2 centimeters dilated. Woo hoo! She said we should look for a mid-October delivery rather than an end of October delivery.

So that got me really excited. Can't think of much else these days besides becoming a mom. :) And of course, I'm starting to get more and more uncomfortable. I've been having these intermittent sharp stab pains in my groin. Which I've read could be due to the pelvis loosening up. But it could also be because the baby's head is so low, and she's bumping around down there.

We're all ready at home. I've even got a starter set of diapers ready to go. And I've started a bag for the hospital. Though from what I've heard, early labor gives you plenty of time to get things in order.

No comments: